He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is a day I LOVE. It's my mom's birthday, so of course that is reason enough in itself! But I also LOVE this day because I have LOVE to give. Which makes me think that people who don't LOVE Valentine's Day don't have LOVE to give. I almost didn't just say that. It sounds a little brutal, especially since I know people who admittedly don't LOVE Valentine's Day, and I like those people. But I also appreciate honesty, and if I'm gonna write a blog I might as well be honest.
Seriously, though. Why does Valentine's Day bother some people so much? People have often said it's ridiculous to have a holiday whose sole purpose is to show someone special how much you LOVE them. Is it just me, or am I ridiculous for thinking that that is just ridiculous?!!!  The world, our society in general, has relinquished it's ability to show LOVE on a daily basis, not just to loved ones, but to eachother. Friends, family, coworkers, a person in need, the elderly, children, animals. Personally, I'm one of those who like to show LOVE more than I like to receive LOVE. That's not to say I would be happy without LOVE in my life, but I do feel more satisfied when I show someone LOVE.
The day was deemed a holiday so that people could show LOVE in special ways via cards, flowers and candy to their intimate companions. It seems people are "uncomfortable" with intimate relationships. They are uncomfortable getting too close to one another. Opening yourself up to someone whether it's a friend, a lover, or a family member makes you too vulnerable. And so LOVE is eliminated from relationships.
Uggggghhhh. I could go a lot further on this. And I actually wasn't planning on going in this direction for my post. But I didn't want to stop myself :) Now that I've vented, I'll get back on track to a more positive outlook.
It's a confession, really. I cried. Not on Valentine's Day, but this afternoon. Watching the Valentine's Day special episode of Glee. Are you LOL'ing? it's ok, I expected it. I cried during the performance of PYT. A song that I LOVE. Originally sung by a musician I also LOVE. And dedicated to me by a person I LOVE most of all by setting it as his ringtone when I call him. It's a GREAT song!! You have to admit that, and haven't you ever been brought to tears by a special song you absolutely LOVEd? Just because PYT happened to be on an episode of GLEE is the only reason why it's funny.
So that's my LOVE post. My LOVE took me out for a special dinner, where I received a rose from the hostess, and a special Valentine's Day card the next day. I'm a happy wife.

No comments: