He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

PP

I just found out about the legislative bill against Planned Parenthood to cut off federal funding.....On facebook, of course.
Uggggghhhhh. You can sign a petition on PP's website that posts your support for them on facebook. In my moment of extreme curiosity, I googled it and read PP's statement on the issue on their website.

Here's what I found:
ONE MILLION VOICES FOR BIRTH CONTROL ACCESS

The time has come to provide prescription birth control to women with no co-pays.

Birth control matters. It matters to the young woman finishing college or starting a career. It matters to the family struggling to make ends meet. It matters to the woman suffering from endometriosis. It matters to mothers and fathers who treasure the children they have.

When it comes to reducing the number of unintended pregnancies in this country, birth control really matters. The rate of unintended pregnancy in the U.S. is one of the highest among the world’s most developed countries. This is unacceptable, and we need a solution.

Help us raise one million voices to say that prescription birth control matters, and should be available to every woman who wants it without co-pays.


Ummmmmmm, I thought PP also provided abortions??? Doesn't look like the above petition mentions anything about that. Rather it glorifies the average low income woman unable to support her sex life, and probably her children too. I am one of those low income women, have been for the past 11 years. I've never had a problem affording my own health insurance. And guess what, with health insurance, comes birth control coverage!! Imagine that. I wasn't given health insurance through my job, my parents didn't pay for it. I worked for it. Which is what the average woman should be doing. That's the freedom we have here in America. Women get to work. And unless you're married at 18 and have a husband to support the both of you or you choose to live off your parent's assets, then you HAVE to work. The consequence if you don't, is...get this, NO MONEY!! I know, it's a lot to take in. Those poor girls ( I mean women) out there unable to work because they were just never taught how to work, let alone obtain an application.
There were some girls on facebook supporting the petition to stop the bill who I know have jobs, hence, have money. Soooooo, what's the catch? Oh, you work, you have bills, you have clothes to buy, you need money to go out and unwind with drinks, oh, and don't forget that kid you popped out 5 years ago. But that wasn't you fault. I know. Maybe you didn't know what birth control even was back then! So you must deserve this free handout of birth control so that you can continue your sex life. PP is spotlighting those in need, those struggling to make ends meet, or who suffer from endometriosis. Uhhhhhhh, excuse me, but people I know, you know people with values, also struggle with those things and by some strange miracle are able to come up with enough money in their budget for health insurance. They probably can't afford it, but they still pay for it! Truth is a very powerful thing. Most people are afraid of it for fear of exposing who they really are. I think PP is also afraid of truth. Their petition mentions nothing of anything else they offer, why? Because the majority of the nation doesn't want a free handout to be taken away.
Here's what their petition should say: "Help PP by supporting our petition to continue handing out free birth control to you low life women who already have 5 children and deserve to have an active sex life. Help us continue our education to those youngsters out there who don't even know what the opposite sex' genitalia looks like and who deserve to know! Help support your fellow Americans who didn't make it to PP in time to get free birth control before they decided to have unprotected sex and are now stuck with an unwanted pregnancy. With your support, we can, with a very simple procedure, suck the new life right out of them for a small fee. This is what we stand for, and we need you to stand with us."
Do these people know that PP is not only about supplying safe sex education through birth control?? That most of their profit comes from abortions costing their clients $350-$950??? If the possibility arose through congress where in some miracle fashion, abortion was illegal.....it doesn't even have to be illegal, but if PP stopped all abortions at their clinics, I would bet, that the bill would be dismissed. PP would be able to stay in business! Supplying the young generation with the knowledge they so greatly need from PP. Now that might be a petition I would be willing to sign. (Not really, but it's the thought that counts) Now, PP is offering safe sex education, birth control to low income women, and basic education of what sex and STD's are. I don't know much about why the government supports certain things, but this sounds like an organization the government would love to give their money to. I mean our money to.  That'll never happen. And so, kids, you see what's more important to PP. Not supplying birth control, but rather a confidential place to rid yourself of that unplanned pregnancy because you accidentally forgot about this new invention called birth control!
Gosh, it is so unnerving coming to terms with how many stupid people there are in my generation. And you can't reason with them. All I know is that I was brought up with good ethics and values. And I actually still believe in those values. Going out, partying, getting wasted, letting complete strangers grope your body and pass germs into your mouth, let alone other parts of your body, go to bed someplace you've never been before, let alone a place you don't even remember being the next morning, nursing a headache with a strong cup of coffee while glorifying the past evening's events to a friend who couldn't make it out this time because she couldn't find a babysitter. All the while realizing last night's events was exactly how the friend here has a kid. Better stop at PP on the way home for some free birth control! REALLY?!! No wonder they need PP. "I'm too dumb, I mean busy, to have to think about my own health and protecting my body. I need PP for that!" That's really all I'm hearing.
America is overpopulated because of women's lacsidasical sex lives. The solution is not to have the option of abortion more readily accessible. I mean come on, I don't even have a college education, and I can come up with the logic that the problem doesn't lie in the ability to have an abortion for an unwanted pregnancy, it's the lack of common sense young women have that keep them from working to afford health insurance and birth control.
Women don't need PP around for birth control giveaways, they need knowledge.
Good ol' fashioned awareness!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, right on!
I just read this, but I'm a bit behind. hahaha