He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Our Plan

Question #1: Does God have a plan for everyone's lives?
Question #2: Why would He have a plan?
Question #3: How do we really know if he has a plan, and does it really matter either way?

I have answers to all 3! Here's my immediate answer, without giving much thought at all, just a simple response to what I think.
Answer #1: Of course He does!!!
Answer #2: Because He loves us, He created us, and because we are a reflection of Him.
Answer #3: Yeah, it matters!! It matters to me atleast. And it matters to God.

Okay, so obviously I have more to say than just a few words, since I am writing about it on my blog. Plus, I love a good God talk :)
I am a believer. By that I mean, I believe in the Bible, that it is all true. I also have a personal relationship with God. By that I mean, I love Jesus. I talk to him like he is sitting next to me and I always trust that he is watching over me. I have spent my whole life believing this, 29 years! That's a long time to believe in something. 29 years of listening, learning, reading, questioning, and admittedly, ignoring sometimes. So my answer to these questions is fairly simple, obvious, and very believable. However, not everyone agrees with me. And that is the troublesome part. I want to defend my answers, say it with an exclamation point! And convince everyone that I am right. But, I can't. What I can do, is read my Bible and get a little inspired rather than get defensive.
There is a reason why I began by saying I am a believer. The reason being is because being a believer has given me a very personal, a very emotional connection to God, my creator. I am reminded every day that God is love. More importantly, that He loves me. I believe he cares greatly for me. I know He wants me to do good and to treat others with kindness. And when I do, I think he is happy and proud. He is my father from above and all I want to do is to make Him proud of me. Just as I want my earthly father to do. I know my dad cares a great deal about me and wants the best for me. But I believe my heavenly father wants more than just the best for me. He wants me to trust in Him. To trust means to know that He is in control. Ultimately, I have choices to make. Sometimes I make choices before I trust, or before asking for guidance. Thankfully, God is forgiving and willing to lead me back in the right direction.
So this relationship with God has lead me to believe that He has a plan for my life. I think about my plan a lot actually. When I say "my plan", that's what I mean, literally. I have no idea what God's plan is for me, except the very vague version of doing good, showing kindness, and being thankful. My plan has so far, come true...I'm married to a wonderful man! A man who was created by God, who God loves dearly, and who loves me completely! If that wasn't God's plan, then I must be completely ignorant. I almost settled for a man that was definitely not God's choice for me. Instead, God brought Scott into my life to show me true love. His plan was for me to make some mistakes, come to terms with my mistakes(repent), and then reward me with love. The rest of "my plan" is something along the lines of having healthy children, having a successful and fulfilling marriage, and living long enough to have grandchildren to play with. At this point, I couldn't ask for much more. But these are things that I want. They may or may not size up to what God has in store for me. Ultimately, I have decisions to make along the course of my life that will determine the outcome. But that is God's plan. He's given me the Bible for guidance and to help me make the right choices.

Everyone has purpose, I know most believe this. Well, God gave us purpose! When He created life, He gave it purpose. Human beings are a pretty unique and complex work of art. Why would God not have a plan for such a special and one of a kind specimen. Especially one that He loves so dearly. In the Bible it says man was created in His image. Perfection. God's intention for man was to be fruitful and to increase in number and to rule over all that was created on earth. This was His plan for mankind. Over time, man has made choices, and God's plan has been overlooked.
To have faith is a pretty powerful frame of mind. It guides people through their decision making. Whether it's faith in themselves, faith in religion, in fate or in destiny, faith in mother nature, faith in Jesus.....etc. My faith is in God. And let me tell you, it's pretty comforting. Think of how much you love your family. I can think of how much I love my husband.....and it's a lot! I know that God loves me a 1,000 times as much as I am capable of loving Scott. I think because I know God's love, I know what it means to trust in Him, and because I trust in Him, I can unrelentingly surrender myself (my plan) to Him.

1 comment:

Live a Unique Life said...

I love this post...yes its the only one Ive read so far and I have a feeling Ill like all of them...but its so nice to hear this from youre heart Noel. Itgave me a huge smile! I love you and am so glad we'll spend eternity with Jesus together! Now thats a good plan!