He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Monday, December 13, 2010

New Addiction

Dear coffee, cafe latte, and caramel macchiato,

I have this new found love for the 3 of you. I recently started working at a place where I am surrounded by coffee. I grind, brew, create and pour all sorts of delicious concoctions for myself, and customers too of course:) I just have to tell you how important you are to me these days. It's freezing where I live in Minnesota, and you seem to be the perfect accompaniment to a warm cozy night curled up by the fire and the brightly lit Christmas Tree with my favorite person, my husband.

We both love you actually. We indulge in the spectacular aroma, taste, and wakefulness you offer. Morning, noon, and night! It's sort of an addiction...as you can see. There are just so many wonderful things you offer us, without you, sometimes my brain won't work to its full potential. You give my husband that extra kick in the rear on his 4am trips to work. And because of those 4am shifts, he often warms up a pot to stay up past 8 o'clock with me, his loving appreciative wife, watching movies.

Thanks for all you do! You've been around for quite some time. As early as the 13th century to be exact. Seen a lot of changes being made to your kind and those like you. I have to say, it was only after years of tasting and experimenting with different flavor profiles did I finally acquire a special taste for you. My favorite recipes change constantly. But I mostly find myself enjoying the more traditional, old fashioned version of coffee with milk. (with a slight tweek, going with vanilla flavored almond milk). Today...it's a caramel macchiato. Little bit of vanilla, double shot of espresso, steamed soy milk, whipped cream, and of course caramel sauce to top it all off...YUM!

Yours forever, A Midwest Barista