He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Stretching my legs

I'm tired. It's late. My body aches. The one thing I want when we reach our final destination is...a massage. 12 hours on day one, 10 on day two. Day two was easier than day one. Quicker. Plus, we got to see my cousin Todd! I've missed him, he looks great, and he wants to join us in Minnesota someday! I look forward to tomorrow. Hopefully all I need tonight is a good night's sleep at the Hawthorne Inn and Suites in Wichita, KS.
So...what have we seen driving through 5 states? A LOT! Red rock in AZ, desert, road kill. In NM, billboards that read Moccasins for sale, Teepees, desert, The Rio Grande, and road kill. In TX, desert, billboards for "Boots and Jeans", state trooper, road kill. In OK, beautiful colorful trees, tumbleweeds, cows, a giant white cross, road kill. In KS, rivers, the sunset, road kill. We've driven 1500 miles. My mom and I have counted the following roadkill: 5 deer, 1 cow, 3 coyotes, 4 raccoons, 1 bobcat(Scott saw that one), 1 cat...and ATLEAST 15 or so unidentifiable carcasses. The cow wasn't on the road actually, but in the middle of an open field.
In closing, I miss you family! Mom and I are having a good ol' time talking, laughing, listening to Diary of a Wimpy Kid on audiotape, and enjoying my cd mixes from Heather(thanks Heath ;). Scott says he is enjoying his alone time. Soak it up Babe! You may get cabin fever in a couple months!

5 comments:

HR Gutierrez said...

So happy to read your updates from the trip. I hope your taking TONS of pictures. Glad you like the cd's. What'd you think of Florence & the Machine??

Steve said...

Great job with the blog. Shouldn't be too much longer and you'll get to enjoy a great home cooked Grandma Mary dinner or supper. Whatever they call it out on the prairie. So glad you are having a safe trip. Be sure to call us when you arrive.

Love you,
Steve "FIL"

Emilee said...

sounds like fun! lol hows diary of a wimpy kid? ur so funny we miss u ur lucky tht u get to visit everywhere! luv u

Heather Fretz said...

happy to read about you!

Steve said...

Just finished off the left-over chili that you made. Yummy!
Hope Grandma Mary's is as tasty.