He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Patience is a Virtue

I am always reminding Scott of this:) It actually helps me sometimes when I am aggravated over a situation taking longer than I feel is necessary. It's one of those positive reminders to help keep us from growing into a "negative nelly". I've been patient for 19 days now. I'm having trouble finishing that sentence in my mind.
On the 11th, I began praying for our furniture and things to arrive by the beginning of the following week. On the 15th I told myself "patience is a virtue". It builds character. Then I started praying for our things to arrive by the end of the week. On Wednesday, Scott found a way to be compensated by the moving company for failing to provide us a service in our contract. Unfortunately, because we didn't "request" this "guarantee of delivery on a specific date", then we don't "qualify" for the reimbursement. They really know how to word things to benefit themselves while frustrating the customer. Gee, that sounds like the way to get repeat customers!
On the brighter side, customer service (or so they call themselves) offered to try and find out the ETA for our things. A prayer for delivery by the end of the week, turned into a prayer for delivery by their "guaranteed" delivery date-the 23rd.
This IS a time for Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for God's word and for Grandma Mary being a wonderful reminder of the importance of opening God's Word on a daily basis. In addition to that thought, I'm even more thankful for my parent's raising me on God's Word, for my dad's love of our country which was founded by Godly men, and for my mom's love for Jesus as well as her desire for me and my sisters to be Godly women. It's not always easy to lean on God for strength and encouragement. But today it is. (Or so I should say, TONIGHT is. Before I started on this I was MAD!) I have a lot more thankfulness to consume my mind than disappointment.
Tonight, my prayer is that the truck is already on the road to the Midwest, that the driver is alert and safe, and that we will get a call from him by Monday! Which means he is on time:)
Racine forecast looks promising for a clear dry but cold week. Let's hope it stays that way for the sake of our very missed belongings.

2 comments:

Emilee said...

cool, ouie but u need to make your blog more fun, pictures, funky backgrounds, music, jokes and not so serious =)

HR Gutierrez said...

don't listen to Noonie, she's just a "little one". J/K noonie!!
Thank u for the reminder! Patience is something I need help with EVERY day!! I'm thankful you are safe & with Grandma Mary. That's so cool you are seeing the lesson in this hard time. I think it's easier to go thru a hard situation when you have a better outlook & can see the big picture. Love you!!