He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just a little encouragement goes a long way

So thankful for morning texts with my mom. She gave me some simple encouragement on how to go about my day with purpose and without anxiety.

I actually have lots to do! But i have found myself for the past week spending a little too much time on the couch watching the boobtube while simultaneously wondering if this baby will ever come. It's truly amazing how miserable too much TV can make you feel....well maybe not that amazing, more like truly obvious.
Today, I limited myself to one show at a time, then I HAVE to get up and do something.....I've been up forrrrrrrrrrr 9 hours now....and have watched 2 tv shows.
I'd say that's an accomplishment in itself....considering my recent history of 4-5 hour marathon viewings of Tabatha Takes Over....even if I really only did one chore today.

I even kept a list of what I did so that I would be encouraged to keep it up. I know. I may be a little pathetic...but it can honestly get a bit boring being pregnant in Chicago in the middle of winter with no job, no family, no friends, only a dog and a daunting list of things I still need to do before baby gets here. Yes, I have a to do list and a done list.
I showered today...keeping up with the daily hygeine ritual of bathing sometimes slips my mind. Before I know it, it's bedtime and I figure "I'll just get it done tomorrow."
AND....That shower I took this morning sparked an interest to clean my bathroom in an effort to get things ready for my houseguests coming next week.
Conveniently enough, our black toilet hardly reveals any dirt or grime....however our black bathtub is not as concealing as the toilet and cannot hide shower scum. It practically glows in the dark. I know...nasty...but don't worry, it's clean now :)
Yup, that was my one chore I accomplished. I did vacuum too, but we have one single rug in our home and it takes about 1 minute to clean.
Besides, I enjoy vacuuming. So that makes it NOT a chore.
Since I had a freshly vacuumed rug, I got inspired to do yoga on it. I have definitely been slacking off on stretching and I feel the aching results in my legs and back. Not a very joyous pregnancy side affect.
Soooooo, now I'm being computer productive. Ordered stuff online for baby, googled what SOPA is, updated birth plan, call list, and hospital bag packing list, budgeted the money and now blogging.
It's very cold out and was snowing earlier. Addi got a special hour's worth of playtime with some friends in the snow....which she thoroughly enjoyed while my toes froze. So worth it though! She took a nice long 3 1/2  hour nap when we got home.
I think I will navigate around Pinterest for awhile before figuring out dinner plans.
All in all, a day to be thankful for. And definitely a special shout out to my mom for her simple words of encouragement. Love you Mom.

No comments: