He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

'Round Here

Things have been a little more crazy than normal around here lately. I say that because usually our home is pretty quiet and mellow. The way Mr B and I like it.
But we have a 7 month old puppy now and she really takes up a lot of our energy...in a good way.
When we moved here, one thing I couldn't wait to do was get a dog. And mostly just because I wanted somebody to walk with everywhere.We walk everyday!! Sometimes 3 walks in one day. It's wonderful, and I haven't got tired of the scenery yet.
We live in the Lakeview neighborhood, just a few miles north of downtown Chicago. Another name for it is the Southport Corridor. It's a very desirable place to live. Everyday moms are out walking with their kids, people are jogging, and dogs are exploring. It's a busy street, not because of all the car traffic, but because of the people traffic. Addi and I do a lot of people watching. Just yesterday we sat down at Leo's Coney Island for a $2 beer on the patio. It's been quite chilly out this month and yesterday was the exception. I think the temperature got up to 90 degrees!!
I brought a book along to read, but was too distracted by all the people and dogs walking by. Many of which drooled over my girl, Addi. She is quite the attention getter. She loves the attention from people....and other dogs of course. We met a big girl named Bella. She is a Spinoti(who knows if I spelled that correctly). Her breed comes from Italy. She was very lovely, a sweet calm disposition. Her owner, Mary, was friendly as well, considering she decided to sit down and have a beer with us...haha!
Addi makes friends very easily. She is quite popular already at the Dogaholics dog park on Southport. It's maybe her most favorite place to be in the world. She starts galloping when she senses we are getting near. She gets along great with everyone, Molly the bulldog, Blanche the American bulldog, Riley the lab, D Rose the shepherd puppy...just to name a few(FYI, they're not all pictured). It's a blast watching them all play together.

My niece, Emilee, just went home yesterday after visiting for a week. She wanted to take Addi to the dog park everyday just so she could pet the other dogs. It was really cute. We had a great time together, shopping, walking, going to Starbucks, we saw a play, and a movie, and I took her to her first Cubs game at Wrigley Field. I miss my girl already.

So our house is a little quieter since she's left. But tomorrow my mom gets here. I'm so excited to see her! It's been since November that we've seen eachother when she drove with Mr B and I out to Minnesota for our big move to the midwest. I am really looking forward to her seeing our home and life here in Chicago. I just know she is going to love this area. It will be only her second time to Chicago. Hopefully we can make it to a Cubs game this weekend, they are playing the Giants. She'll be here just in time for some great weather.
It's been beautiful these past couple days. It's about 80 out today. Although, there is rain in the forecast...hopefully not too much.

Mr B has been working so much lately.
Trader Joe's had their grand opening on Friday. They have been very busy. The store is beautiful. It's very bright and airy with windows all along 2 sides of the building looking out onto Diversey. Addi and I like to take walks to go visit him. Monday he finally got a day off and went golfing with a friend from work. Since he's off on Sunday, I'm hoping we can make it to a Cubs game together with my mom.

 Speaking of the Cubs...it's time to step it up!! It's no fun watching them lose so often. Let's hope for a great series against the Giants!! GO CUBS GO!!!!

No comments: