He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

pondering while shopping

20 minutes ago I contemplated writing a new post. I told myself I didn't have any inspiring or thoughtful words. So I let myself off the hook.

And yet, here I am, blogging away. We'll see if any inspiration comes of this.

At times when I'm alone with my thoughts, I think of my husband, and what an incredible person he is. One of things that most attracted me to him was how he flooded me with affection. I fell in love with him so quickly, partly because of this special trait. It's one of the ways we both feel loved. So thankfully, since we both need this constant affection, 4 years since we started dating, we still love to cuddle eachother, kiss, hug, nudge, poke, pinch, and yes...we spoon...pretty much every night.

Too sappy for ya?? I'm getting to something, don't worry. Mr B has a lot of other traits that I love and appreciate. And tonight, while sitting at the computer, I was reminded of how amazing he is at budgeting our money. Now, he may not think I feel this way. Because I know I sometimes nag(bitch) about our spending habits and that he doesn't keep me in the loop about how much money we have to spend on a weekly basis.
But I looked down onto his desk, and there lies a huge ledger. The kind an accountant would use when budgeting over like 100 expenses. He uses this humongous ledger book because it keeps him organized, up to date, and confident. I cannot say that I completely understand all the numbers lying about in different columns that do not ever seem to add up correctly. But I know he has a system, one that he's tried teaching me through failed efforts(teaching is not one of his strong points, his logic is sometimes way beyond mine). He has successfully kept us almost nearly out of debt(we're getting there) and up to date on all our bills, while still managing to take his wife out for breakfast or dinner every once in awhile.
I'm so thankful for my money conscience man!! Only I, and God, know how much of a relief it is to me to not have to worry about expenses. I love you Scottie B

Speaking of money, I get the sinking feeling we will have none come Jan 30, give or take a few days. We've got a bun in the oven! It's been cookin' for 4 weeks now. We are soooooo super de duper excited to have a baby!! But I do have a small fear growing inside me that this baby is going to put a halt in our path to becoming debt free. But that is life. Something always seems to get in the way of saving money these days. I know we're not alone. Thankfully I have a budget conscience husband.

Back to baby news. The shopping has begun! Well, atleast the virtual shopping has begun.
Here you can see my baby must have list grow from what it is now into something that may be just a tad bit overwhelmingly ridiculous. But I don't care, it's so much fun! And so harmless, afterall, it is just a wishlist...[wink].

No comments: