He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Need a movie recommendation?

Just watched An Education.
I LOVED it!!
Me: Did you like the movie babe?
Scott: {shrug} eh. It was kind of slow.
Me: It was not slow. Maybe if you had been actually watching, and not focused on a puzzle the whole movie, you wouldn't think that.{thinking... "just ask me if I liked it"} I loved it!

We have such different tastes in movies. Even if it was slow, I probably would have still liked it.
If the acting is good, and the script is good....in my mind, it's a good movie.
I'm just that simple minded.[I'm not really actually]

But I just LOVED this song!!:

And the rest of the soundtrack really.

I couldn't say this to Scott, #1 because he would probably look at me with a really gross look on his face, and #2 because he gets jealous (hehe)
So, I'll say it here: Peter Sarsgaard is so handsome and quite charming in this movie!
Yes, you find out he really is a deceiving, manipulative, cradle robbing douchebag, (and I kinda had a feeling all along, something like that would happen) but it's just a movie.
You're allowed to fall in love with the actors. Personally, I think if you're able to do one of two things, either fall in love with or completely loathe a character in a movie, then the actor has done his/her job.
They've completely honed in on the character's true persona and made you a believer.

I truly hope he starts showing up more often in good movies.
Carey Mulligan is so GREAT as well. Remember her in Pride and Prejudice? A small role, but I remember her.
She is stunning in An Education.

She's encouraged me to cut my bangs again and realize I'm a "bangs girl".
Meaning, I have a "young face". So bangs look fine on me. I hate my hair in my face, it itches, my eyes are very sensitive and any little tickle near my eyeball freaks me out. But if they're too long, and side swept, they still bother me because I'm constantly pulling them back behind my ear. Too fussy.
I've really been so annoyed with my hair lately, mainly the front part. The heavy droopy [not actually] side swept bangs. They never do what I want them to do. I'm cutting them today. In about...however long it takes me to finish writing.

I didn't know until just now that the writer of An Education, Nick Hornby, also wrote About a Boy and High Fidelity. Two other amazing movies as well!

We bought An Education the other day at a closing Blockbuster, on sale for about $3.
We also got World's Greatest Dad, Fever Pitch, and City Island.
Alllllllllll GOOD ones! See them all.

I fell in love with Andy Garcia in When a Man Loves a Woman. He is so GREAT in City Island. So funny!

Anyways. There's my movie critique for the day. And song shoutout. And I guess movie recommendations too.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

Emilee said...

I LOVED An Education too! So did Jose :)
And I love Peter Sarrsgard too!

Emilee said...

That was me (heather)...Noonie keeps forgetting to sign out.