He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Little people in a Giant world

Today we went on a field trip.
I was invited to visit the Museum of Science and Industry with my new friends Avery & Fiona


.....and their mom too of course, Acacia.

We toured for 2 hours, and had a blast doing it!
Here is what we saw, learned about, and climbed on.






























It was quite a trip. We were like little explorers.
Avery & Fiona were such fun, running to and fro, chasing colored lights on the floor, climbing on cow statues, and posing for my camera (well, not Avery so much. She was a little camera shy).

Usually I get Scott [not without complaints] to pose for me (I always prefer people in my pictures)...
....but today, Fiona was my little model. I think she LOVED it. [wink]

It was a perfect rainy day retreat.
Well.....it wasn't exactly raining, but it was overcast, and it rained AND snowed last night!
I scraped snow off my car this morning. Crazy, right? Snow in the middle of April??? I thought it was supposed to be an early spring.
So much for wishful thinking.

This weekend is Easter. Every Easter Sunday I've celebrated in the past has been in sunny warm California.
It would be lovely if we could have an easter egg hunt outdoors under the warm sun here in Chicago.
But unfortunately the weather does not look so promising.
I know....I'm always thinking wishfully.

Bright warm sunshine, easter egg hunts, and bbq's aren't the most important thing in the world. I do LOVE all those things, but the true meaning behind Easter is all about Jesus.
HE IS RISEN!!
Really.....what I truly long for is to be with him in heaven one day.
To see his magnificence and all his glory.
To see with my own eyes what I've only read and dreamt about all my life.

Have a fantastic Easter with your families. I will surely miss mine. [sniff, sniff]

1 comment:

Acacia said...

Wow, you did take a TON of pictures. :) Thanks for sharing these! I showed them to the girls, too. I'm glad you could come with us!