He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Loads and loads of emotions

I feel loaded. Don't worry. I've actually been off the bottle for a few months now. Me and Mr. B are hoping to start a family of our own in the near future, and I've given up the stuff.(I mean, pretty much given it up:)

So no, not loaded on substances, but with emotions. Good ones and not so good ones. But I'm trying to lean more towards the good ones. In an effort to stay positive and remind myself of the big "Plan". My negativity only makes for a bad day with the hubby anyways.....soooooo.
So, I ask myself, how do I get excited about new adventures in our life that I wanted to happen, but not necessarily so soon? I just have to force myself?? That seems weird, and silly. I have to convince myself?? That seems impossible. I have to accept??

Hmmmmmm. I think I am capable of that. With a little help from my Friend.

What a day yesterday was. BIG news came and BIG discussions were held at the Baltes residence. Scott got his promotion!!! FINALLY!!! We have been wanting, hoping, pleading, and praying for this for I think like 2 years now. Considering how long he has been with Trader Joe's and how highly he comes recommended by so many people, it's a shame it had to take so long. But, all in the master "Plan", right? RIGHT!!

Our hopes for a promotion for Scott was the reason for moving out to the Midwest. "Our Plan" was to end up in Chicago. We've stopped in Minnesota along the way to spend some time visiting Scott's Grandma Mary, open up a new Trader Joe's here in Rochester to hopefully impress some people high up in the ranks, and to learn the ways of living in some drasticly cold weather.
We visited, Scott was impressive, and we have learned some valuable lessons-Like don't try and pass a snowplow on a small dirt road...Babe. And if your car starts rocking over 50 mph, it's time to clean the snow out of the wheel wells.

"Our Plan" is going as planned so far. We will be moving to Chicago in about a month from now. Trader Joe's has this inconvenient way of giving you practically no time to let the news settle and pack while searching for a new place to live all in one month's time. The idea of packing everything up again is so unpleasant to think about. I might have to try and persuade my mom into coming for a little visit to help me:)

Aside from the packing, leaving the house and little town I've grown to love, saying goodbye to new friends and Grandma, I am very stoked for this new adventure!! Have I convinced you...after all that negative juice I let spill out first. It's there, deep down inside underneath all the fears and worry, there is excitement to be found inside this body. I love the idea of a new little apartment in Wrigleyville, of reorganizing all my favorite pieces of furniture into little cubby spaces(as much as I hate packing and unpacking, I LOVE organizing!), of living in that cozy crowded midwest town where you can walk to a Cubs game, or to the beach. It will be spectacular!!

And so, I will muster up some heartfelt words for the beloved town of Racine and Rochester in a later post.

1 comment:

Mrs B said...

Yayyyyy, Chicago!!