He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Friday, April 22, 2011

just something I came across

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace
was on him, and by his wounds
we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

I am completely lacking discipline these days. it is really starting to hang on me like a wet blanket. I'm lacking discipline in multiple areas of my life. but one that it is completely unprioritized more than anything else is the discipline to read my bible. I really can't read anything lately. I could say, "I don't know why". but I do know. it's a lack of discipline. ugggghhhhh. what to do. I seriously keep thinking that one day, I will just snap out of it and get back on a reading binge. but it's been like 6 months. there's been no snap.

I came across this verse tonight. I thought it was very relevant for today's meaning. but you know what? you know what makes me very sad? I forgot it was good friday. I know. how could I? but I did. I just busied myself all day with worldly desires, and I should have instead taken the time to be alone with God. of course, he calls us all back to him in his own way, and mostly on our time unfortunately. but I think he's up there waiting patiently while I finish writing this post.

well, I found this verse tonight for a reason. it brought me back to him.

No comments: