He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Early 1900's duplex

Soooooo, here we are!! Living on the top floor of a beautiful Chicago house. Our landlord lives below us.

I absolutely and totally LOVED our 1950's home in Racine, MN.

BUT, I am totally and utterly in love with our new one in Chicago!!
It's OLDER than our last home (which I love and can appreciate).
It's all single story.
It's got ALL wood floors! (although, there's some gross fake wood laminate in areas, but I imagine it's beautiful wood underneath that just needs a little TLC)
We're in walking distance of just about anything and everything you can think of you'd want near you in Chi-town (Wrigley Field, shopping, Target, coffee, bars, canine pampering[for our future non-human child], Trader Joe's[come May!!])

So you see, it's just magical. (p.s. you think I love it?!!......Scottie is in heaven!!)

Enough jibber jabber, here are some sneak peeks at our "little" BIG apartment in Lakeview, Chicago, Il.
front room

living room overlooking the street
(Scott working on our puzzle:)

Janssen St., such lovely homes

guest bedroom, off of the living room



front door...still thinking on what to put on that wall......

Our little office, Scott's Cubs tribute room to be completed later


hallway from kitchen, almost EVERY doorway has a door!

bathroom, soooooo ugly...whatever. atleast the rest of the apartment is AWESOME!

our bedroom. closet space is about 1/9 of what we had in Racine. I figured 1/9 because our old room had 3 closets in our bedroom and each was about triple the size of what we have here.....  :)

love this kitchen, nice n BIG! and a walk-in pantry! I've not had an actual pantry in about 3 years.

our bedroom right off of the kitchen, not my ideal location, but it was the only "room" that fit our bed :)

sundeck on the back of the apartment, just past the kitchen. aka storage.

our shared yard with the landlord! I think any dog will be able to appreciate this ;)

totally loving that built in china cabinet ;0)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG this looks so cute. I absolutely love it & I haven't even been inside. I can not wait to see you two & experience your home. I miss you two sooooo soooo much. Love MIL

Nicole said...

Wow, this is really really cute. I love it!

Emilee said...

it looks rely cute....scott likes puzzles huh?

Heather Fretz said...

So cute! It sounds like a great location!
Welcome home!