He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Monday, February 21, 2011

3 hours later

3 hours later, and I'm still on my butt, typing and clicking away on the computer. Ever have those days? Jill, Heather, I'm talking to you.

I did my chores, Woke up at 8:30, tidied up the messy bedroom, vacuumed up the stinky ladybugs, threw the duvet in the wash and cleaned the kitchen in the meantime. Whenever Scott gets home and I'm on the couch watching Felicity or Grey's Anatomy, he says, "Is this what you've been doing all day?" "No!!!!" I say. "I did my chores first, so that I could veg on the couch until you got home:)" I'm sneaky.

It's so blustery out today. When it was blustery out in December, it felt like Christmas. Why doesn't it feel like Christmas now when the weather is exactly the same? I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Speaking of cake!!! Want an easy, low cost, no hassle original cake idea? Get this.....yellow cake mix, j*e*l*l*o pistachio pudding mix, a few eggs, some milk(I used almond), and some veg oil. Toss it all together in a big bowl, watch the mixture turn flourescent green and pour into a bundt pan(I love bundt pans, they're so old school). Bake, let cool, and pop out onto a pretty plate, dust with powdered sugar and you've got yourself a delicious pistachio cake!! My husband LOVES it! We have a slice every night on our way up to bed ;o) Sometimes I have a small sliver for breakfast....hehe. It's my mom's recipe. She's got some good ones up her sleeve and shares them with me every now and again.

*The official recipe to come....."No time for tea & cake, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!!"

I....need.....coffee.....nowwwwwww! Grandma Mary has been in Cali for the past 5 weeks. And the special coffee cocktail she canned up for us only lasted 2 weeks. I mean, thank goodness I work at a coffee shop, and we do have fresh beans at home....but we only have a single cup coffee maker! Ahhhhhh! Kicking myself for getting rid of our Target coffeemaker. I've been off work for the past 3 days, so no fresh coffee smell brewing in this old house!

But, Today is my lucky day!! Movie Day!! And what's a movie without a nice hot cup o' joe to help keep you nice n perky for the show?! 127 Hours in next on our must see movie list. We saw The King's Speech last time, and it was amazing!!  A must see for everyone. So inspiring, great acting, great script. An Oscar take home for Geoffrey Rush I hope. And Colin Firth deserves it as well.
Wehrenberg Theaters has a special matinee price between 4-6pm for $5!! Can't beat that! Looks like we'll be seeing Unknown, instead of 127 Hours. I'll letcha know how it is.

Ciao!!!!

No comments: